Welcome to the Christmas Village in Eyrarbakki! On weekends from 26 November-11 December, local craftsmen and artists sell their wares, the Húsið museum is open with their Christmas exhibit, you can make your own Christmas garlands, and come to our cozy coffee shop to warm up, visit Santa, and shop some more. If you stay for the evening, you can enjoy the famous Christmas buffet at Rauða Húsið restaurant (advance reservations required).
At the market in the basement at Rauða Húsið you will find:
- Handmade chocolate confections from Algjört Nammi
- Roasted almonds and pecans
- Christmas cookies and cakes
- Artisinal pesto and herbed butter
- Hand-knitted mittens
- Beaded jewelry
- Other delights to take home or give as gifts
The coffee shop serves up hot (and cold) drinks, waffles and cakes. The restaurant on the main floor is open from 12:00-21:00.